<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 28, 2003

AAARGHHHHH


Just read my first blog again.......big mistake...not the reading part...the blog! Anyways, I guess one advantage of getting so low is that I can only go up. By the way, I have put up a blog abt my friends...visit it. Also I am adding a link to one of my hostel friend's blog; it was darn good....actually makes me want to stop blogging when I read his blog and then mine!

But, whatever is done is done. The past few days, I have been like totally jobless. And you realise that you are so jobless more so when you are in fact searching for jobs! I am talking about the campus placements that are going on in my institute now. Filling out the applications, especially the online ones, always makes me feel a bit guilty and a lot good at the same time. This is because I indulge in creative writing and then sign a declaration saying that the above information is true to the best of my knowledge! The only solace is that everyone else does so. And who would like a true and honest resume anyways?

A case in point is the form I was just filling up. The application has a question which goes: "Sometimes we are faced with a moral conflict where we have to choose between two seemingly right alternatives. Give an incdent where you faced such a conflict and how you resolved it" Now, an honest answer should have been "I am facing one such dilemma right now...whether to write in the truth that I did not face any significant moral dilemmas or to write in a juicy bit which would hopefully increase my chances of getting shortlisted." But then I succumbed to the second alternative and wrote a fictitious bit. If you are wondering why I haven't faced a moral dilemma yet (afterall, everyone does), it is because I am rather open, to put it nicely, to everything....not much morals if I stand to gain from doing someting.

I hope that you do not picture me as an immoral, opprtunistic guy, dear reader. Afterall, I have to survive in this world, don't I? Then again, I guess it is also the influence of the institute where I am studying now.....it is an ideal example of Darwin's theory: survival of the fittest. But then again, I really do not need to justify myself, do I? I am what I am...and do not intend to disturb the status quo.

PS: If you are wondering as to how I am posting so regularly inspite of stating that I would do a biweekly post....I told you I am totally jobless & so I am here again.




<< Home