<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 22, 2003

Can't think of a header....


It has been sometime since I put something here. The reason is that I had this huge writer's block combined with my rather voluminous laziness (is the adjective appropriate?) which effectively prevented me penning any of my thoughts. Not that I had that many thoughts buzzing around my head over the weekend....

I gave my TOEFL on Friday and as expected, I screwed it up. I am not trying to give any excuse, but I guess those who have written it know how damn simple it is. And that simplicity was what made me do badly. I just did not think that the test was simply worth putting the effort to think about the right answer. Anyways, I guess it's just a case of sour grapes.

After the fiasco of my TOEFL, I just rested my over-worked brain (or so I like to think of it!) to get ready for this week's problems. But, (un)fortunately, it is still in a rest mode. What else do I write about?.....was watching this soccer match between Arsenal and Manchester United. Anyone who has even a passing knowledge of soccer and the English Premier League knows about the traditional rivalry as well as the excellent gaming prowess of these two clubs. But, the match turned out to be a damper as far as gaming prowess were concerned. The way that Arsenal played yesterday, they fully deserved to lose - which they did not, luckily! Man U on the other hand played a fairly attacking game but Lady Luck seemed to be just not pleased with Sir Alex's boys.

All the disappointment of the lack of a huge showdown that was expected during the match was, however, wiped out in the last 5 minutes of play. Patrick Viera getting red-carded, Keown literally pulling van Nistelrooy down to the ground to avoid a header...and the resultant penalty. Two sets of screams were heard in the common room: first when Man U fans rejoiced the award of the penalty..for it was surely the end of the road for Arsenal in the match. The second shout, to which yours truly contributed in no less means than the best, was when Nistelrooy kicked too hard and hit the bar. The match ended in a draw 0-0...but the last few moments were really worth the inital painful times when both teams performed far below their potential.

Whew....that was indeed a long enough description of the match. If anyone isn't interested in soccer but still read through...thanks for bearing with me.




<< Home