<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Test Trivia...


I am done with that exam on Tuesday, during which the Prof enters and tells us that there will be a test in another course he is taking on Thursday, and as fate would have it, I am doing it. So, that's another test tomorrow.

The test we had yesterday was in a 'self-study' course. IIT M seems to have come up with a unique (is it?) idea to ensure, hopefully, that we might really learn at least one subject; that's what this self-study course is suposed to achieve. Unfortunately, the lethargy for which we are not yet famous (judging by the way people give me unbelieving stares when I say that I don't study till before the exams), makes the whole exercise pointless.

For those of you who still did not get what a 'self-study' course means, it is a course wherein the Prof takes no classes, just gives the portion and reference books and simply conducts tests whenever he wants! So, we had this course on CNC Machining in the self-study variety. Some of the more serious members of the class bothered to find out the portion for the test and names of a couple of reference books. It turned out that these books were for ordinary NC machining and not Computerised NC machining. Since there were no classes, all of us were in total ignorance of what the Prof expects us to study and what kind of questions we can expect, a state which I am not unfamiliar with. I guess, for me, all courses are like this!

As usual, I start trying to mug up something at the very last minute, realising finally that I can't do it. So, I simply gave up, thinking that I can use common-sense (uncommonly used by yours truly) and extrapolate on what I know (very little of it anyways!) in the exam. The paper, when it came, turned out to be objective type with the emphasis being totally on CNC with no fundaes about NC. Well, as it turned out, everyone left the exam hall with those silly smiles we see on people who get so fucked up that they are amused by it all (sorry, if anyone's offended by the 4 letter word). I at least have the satisfaction that I didn't put all the fight that some of my friends have...we all screwed up almost to the same extent, almost!

Anyways, I think that this is enough of cribbing for one post....hey, I just realised, I haven't started cribbing yet! Ask Suds how painful I can get when I start cribbing...rather, don't ask him! By the way, I guess I put too many parenthetical observations in the post...happens when I actually read the post preview....

PS: Yet another hostel mate has started blogging....seems like this is contagious....please visit Ravi's blog.

PPS: Zonkboard's kicked us free riders off...so no tagboard. I don't want to add Tagboard.com's board unless I don't get anything better. So, wait a few days to get a board back.....




<< Home