<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 27, 2003

F.R.I.E.N.D.S


First of all, I am back in Chennai and am not doing much work, though, as usual, I got loads to do....hmm.....I must surely be giving an impression of being a very responsible guy with lots of work entrusted to me! I am not - just stating this for the record - I am just lazy to do things on time and now, I have too much to do. Anyway, that is not what this post is about....I have been watching many old episodes from FRIENDS right from Season 1 to Season 9!

It always fascinated me to watch the sitcom....I remember starting on it when I was in my Ninth or Tenth standard....and the first thing that I thought of was: "Gosh! This is so good!" I mean, you have this bunch of 20-somethings (when the sitcom started) living in the Big Apple (not that I knew that was what New York was called at that time). Each had his/her own shortcomings, their insecurities and their own "crises". We can all laugh about the funny situations they landed themselves in, but there is no denying the fact that we could be any one of them...OK, I don't think I can ever be Monica - too much of a cleanliness freak!

The best thing about all six of them is that they all are in a constant state of denial as to their problems, but still in a heaven/hell of their own , depending on the circumstances. A stage which I am sure all of us are extremely familiar with! Maybe that's what made the show the big hit it is! Unfortunately, the powers that be decided to end the show after the Tenth Season, but I am sure that whoever has seen FRIENDS will always keep some part of all the six people with them for a long time - not forever, because I don't believe in "forever". Anyway, I am gonna stop here 'coz I have to run to complete some of that work I mentioned at the beginning.

Just taking a poll - Who is your favourite FRIENDS character? Mine must be...hmmm...difficult isn't it?...hmm.....Chandler!




<< Home