<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM & DAD!!


Its been 23 years now...well...nuthin more to say on this. Babs has a lot to say about motherhood & being parents in general..so I suggest you read her blog. I am bad at writing senti stuff...

Anyways, I would have named this post "This, That and Something Else". That's because, I wanted to write about three things.

This: India has won a test in Australia, after a gap of 22 years....thanx to Dravid & Laxman. Being a Hyderabadi, and a proud one at that, I am really happy and excited about Laxman's performance. This match also proves that Dravid is the best & the most reliable match-winner we have on the cricket team. Sachin Fans, please excuse me. I would like it if India were to win this series, but then I also don't want Steve Waugh to retire with a series defeat...dilemmas in life.....*sigh*

That: Saddam has been captured. I have already mentioned this previously, but after reading Babs' post, I began thinking about how anti-climactical it all was in the end. I mean, I never expected to see Saddam in such a dishevelled state! And, they say that DNA tests have confirmed that it is Saddam indeed. Who conducts the tests? Who got the original samples? If someone could get DNA samples of Saddam from Baghdad, they could have killed him then itself, couldn't they? Well...too many things going through my head now. But I am wondering which country Uncle Sam will be targeting now?

Something: Zenedine Zidane has been named the FIFA Footballer of the Year 2003. I am really happy for the midfield magician. But, being the Arsenal fan that I am, I would have loved it if Thierry Henry won it! But then, I guess the consolation is that most national team coaches feel that Henry is better than Ronaldo...

Else: This was not to be a separate section, but I just read a coupla nice one-liners...so I thought of putting them up....

There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary, and those who don't!

If a mosquito bit you 8 times, did it Byte you?

PS: It turned out that I wrote about four things...the li'l surprises in life....:P I am working on the story and the self-reco..so watch this space....and, please....any suggestions for a new comments server?




<< Home