<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 02, 2004

HAPPY (??) NEW YEAR!


"Thank you" to everyone who wished me a happy new year. I am now not too sure that 2004 is going to be any good to me. It sure did not turn out to be prosperous as yet! Someone stole my cell phone yesterday - yes! right on the first day of the brand new year! It is a long story that I am in no mood to go over again. So, please, no questions about how it happened!

This incident makes me feel pathetic! More than that, I am now feeling apprehensive about what could happen in the 364 remaining days! I am not superstitious or anything, but 2003 hasn't exactly been good to me and now I am in a dilemma as to how to interpret this event. The optimist's line goes: "This is like the culmination, a Grand Finale if you will, of all that happened in 2003!" The realist's (read pessimist, since I seem to be one) line goes: "This is just the beginning of a new period, a new phase of suffering you are going to experience in 2004! The pain will be more than that in the last year, and this is just the beginning!"

Now that you can see the dilemma I am facing, I am sure you can appreciate the title of this post! Nonetheless, I am sure all of you will have a better year ahead than you did in 2003! Hope......*sigh*......Well, before I take leave, HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!




<< Home