<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 11, 2004

Life, The Universe & Everything....


That is the third of that wholly magnificient series of books which have been made really famous by Douglas Adams The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The Trilogy in Four Parts, in the words of Mr. Adams, is what is keeping me busy these days. Anyway, it sure is a pleasure to read some really good stuff that can make you laugh heartily as well as making you ponder on all the mindless things that happen in the world around us, and in the Galaxy around it and the Universe around that Galaxy around our world. Well...before I get more stupid, let me desist.

I have been thinking about what has been happening in my life in the past two months or so, and I did not find the picture anywhere near rosy. I have been doing nothing absolutely, and was so absolutely busy doing this nothing that I forgot the birthdays of a couple of my cousins, much to my, and of my cousins', displeasure. They told me exactly what they thought of my growing forgetfulness and self-absorbance. Well, can't really blame them, can I? That aside, the loss of my cell phone was what made me think of what has been happening to me. What finally happened in the end was that my Dad properly pained me about my growing carelessness, something I am used to by now. Finally, after a lot of senti-putting by yours truly, he finally agreed to send me a new cell and that is how it came to be that I am the rather not-so-proud owner of a new cell phone. Guess, all's well that ends well!

So, I think all I can say now is that it is a glorious new day and a not-too-bad new year for that. Reading other people's blogs and my own feelings combined severely discourage me from saying what follows, but as you must have noted in my previous post, I simply can't resist telling it like it is if I know that I can get away with it. So, the new year is like a new start, a wholly new year to do things better than I used to. But, from previous experience, I know that all that is a load of bullshit. And, for those who may be interested, I already broke my new year's resolution. So that goes down the drain as well....guess the year is goingg to turn out well after all!

PS: Suds told me about the Madras Bloggers' Meet on 18th January 2004, Sunday at 5 PM at Planet Yumm, Besant Nagar. Whoever is interested can come..please do make it. And I fervently hope it is not going to be a purely Tam event!




<< Home