<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 01, 2004

On Cloud Number 9


Maybe a bit higher...

There is God, and I have proof to show this! I was reading this on Aswathi’s blog just the other day. When I was reading that, I was like, “Yeah. There is a God. But He is damn selective to show the proof.” I had been in a very negative mood for quite sometime now, looking at the worst possible scenario in all situations. Understandable, given the difficulties I have been facing regarding the financial support documentation I needed to show for my visa. Well, the time has come finally to shed the cynical outlook acquired over the past four years and look at life at least as it really is. It ain’t all that bad afterall, is it?

Yesterday, June 30th, has been really good for me. Everything just seemed to fall in place as in a perfectly set jigsaw puzzle. First up, I just log into my mailbox, and the first mail that hits my eye is from this professor I had been in touch with for financial assistance, and the subject line read, “GRA Offer”!! Now these two words really made my day, well, a lot of days can be said to have been made with them now! Yes! I finally got a research assistantship from this prof. I don’t think I have been happier ever. My mom said that she didn’t see me happier even when I had made it to the hallowed portals of IIT Madras!! Well, I should say that it is indeed so. Afterall, the amount of uncertainty involved with getting an admit and no aid, especially for a PhD, is a lot more than that involved in waiting for JEE results. I guess it’s difficult to explain…

Everything else seems to fall in place, as I said – the bank managers my Dad met today were a lot more courteous and helpful and more encouraging than before; even ESPN is being telecast even though there is a soccer match today, against the norm! I guess I am just seeing the silver lining in all things now. It’s just the mood I guess. Anyway, all I can say is that I am really happy today!

I would like to end saying once again, “There is a God! And He knows the best damn time to show Himself to you. Thank You, God!”


Comments:

hey ravi here! gr8 to know abt the ra ship macha. when r u cming to chennai. badly want to go to senthil's and talk abt things
 

hey ravi.. got my visa interview on july 19th.. so will be in chennai sometime around then... mail me if u r coming to hyd in the meantime.. we can meet up and talk things here is\tself.. :)
 

DO you remember God only when he gives you all you want. Is your Mother to be remembered only when she is wealthy and gives all goodies to you? is not a poor mother, a mother? We love Him, for loves sake, and believe his exsistence, coz we exist- we are conscious, and God is nothing but pure consciousness.

anyhow I dont expect you understand it. you may understand the words, but not what it means to be with that attitude!!
 
Post a comment

<< Home