<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Random Ramblings...


I am a bad user of alliterations as the post title suggests!

These days, it just doesn’t feel all that comfortable to sit down and write anything. I don’t know why, but I just don’t feel like writing though I am thinking up so many things nowadays. I am partially free from the tensions of the funding, etc., that have been mentioned in my previous posts. Not that they have been solved, but I have learnt to live with them without bothering myself overly about what is not in my control. God! That just makes me feel like I was some guy preaching the new meditation technique doing the rounds, whatever that may be! Anyway, getting back to what I was mentioning, maybe I am getting too impatient to just sit and type out whatever thing I wanted to write about during the day. I read others’ blogs and think, “Now, why don’t I sit and do the same thing?” Well, I guess some things are just the way they are – no point looking for explanations here...

I saw Lakshya couple of days back. I didn’t like it as I liked DCH. I believe Farhan could have done a lot better. I agree that the movie was not as clichéd as other Kargil spin-off movies generally are. But it is definitely not the “coming of age” movie it was touted to be. Anyway, I guess it can be given as a “decent watch” and definitely worth watching once in the theatre.

Hyderabad isn’t really that big a city, but it sure has grown a lot in the four years I have been away. Or, it could just be that I am realizing the size after having moved to the suburbs and having to come all the way to the city center to meet friends. All the school friends I am still in touch with stay almost in the heart of the city; ditto for the friends I made in IIT – those that I want to keep in touch with. The regular up-down commuting is seriously painful if it just has to be a meeting for about an hour with just one friend, unless we are going out somewhere. So, nowadays, it mostly happens that a group of us make plans and then only do I take the trouble of venturing inwards to the city. The end-result: a lot more time spent at home doing nothing. This in turn naturally led to my taking regular afternoon siestas, which in turn leads to my parents’ pestering me about my sleeping habits, or rather, my waking habits. My dad would roast me if he sees the time stamp on this post now – I assured him that I would be in bed at least an hour before now. So I would put an end to this mish-mash of entries and try to get in a coherent post sometime soon – as soon as I get into the mood for writing.


Comments: Post a comment

<< Home