<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 14, 2004


Three weeks have passed by since I came back home. I am presenting an almost week-by-week analysis of the feelings I have undergone here. It must be noted that all this time is marked by the frustrations of not getting financial aid from the university I am headed to in the US of A despite repeated mails to professors for the same. So there is always an under-current of negativism in what follows:

Week 1: “Home, Sweet Home”!!! After four years of sweat spent rather uselessly in the sweltering heat of the Chennai weather, I am finally back home without the need to go back to Chennai for any long period of time!! Yippee!! I can now sit peacefully and try for the financial aid now that I am home. About to meet the oldest of my buddies from school!!

Week 2: I have met almost all the friends I needed to and wanted to meet. Put attendance with almost all relatives as well. Damn the distance of my place from the rest of the city! Have to slog a lot to even meet any one of my friends. So am staying home quite a bit. Damn boring this place is turning out to be! Nothing yet on the aid thing – sad! I miss the campus a lot!! At least something or the other can be done there always. I have to sit twiddling my thumbs here!

Week 3: Finally something happening on the aid front! One professor says he would consider hiring me for an assistantship from 2005. Let’s see how well that goes. Still trying with other professors. Getting used to doing nothing at home. Not bad after all, I guess. Sleeping a lot nowadays. Finally met some new people in Hyderabad, something that almost never happens with me during the brief holidays I come around for. Life’s bad here, but not totally unbearable, I should say.

Week 4 going on now, and I am presently on a neutral gear, having passed from optimism to pessimism and going on to the usual almost-cynical stand to life I seem to have developed at IIT Madras. Hope I kick it soon...


Comments: Post a comment

<< Home