<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 22, 2004

In Silicon Valley...


The New World, The Wild West... Silicon Valley. I am in the capital of the Silicon Valley, San Jose. When I was boarding my flight, there was this guy I met who told me that I wouldn't feel like having left Hyderabad - much less India - at San Jose. I should say that its almost true, though I should say that no place in the world can have the same traffic as Hyderabad does. Well, I digress... returning to the topic on hand...

One thing I noticed about the place is that it has too many ways: freeways, highways, expressways, et al. I went with my brother-in-law to get something, and the place is good. I haven't had much chance to interact with the people here, except some friends and cousins, and the words of the man on the plane came back to me - it really did feel like I haven't left India behind. Well, I guess I can pitch in more accurate and complete impressions after some days here, and more importantly I guess, after going to my university. Presently, I am happily enjoying my sister's hospitality. That would last till Monday, when my sister says I'd have to start cooking under her supervision. Anyway, I guess that's good news for my roomies-to-be. :)


Comments:

i cooked biriyani tday. reminded me of bistro man. do u think we can ever get together for a cigarette in tarams??
 

ravi... mebbe we can... but i quit... so, i guess we can do that one-off for old times' sake... lets make plans to go to india together after some years and mebbe then we can get together at tarams... :)
 

ravi... mebbe we can... but i quit... so, i guess we can do that one-off for old times' sake... lets make plans to go to india together after some years and mebbe then we can get together at tarams... :)
 
Post a comment

<< Home