<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 23, 2004


A forward I got recently...

An engineer's 10 engineering commandments of Life

1. Thou shalt study only during the preparatory leave.
2. Thou shalt never write thy assignments thyself.
3. Thou shalt begin writing thy journals only on the morning of submission.
4. Thou shalt treat all marks above 40 as bonus.
5. Thou shalt have at least 70 per cent attendance in the canteen.
6. Thou shalt pass GRACEfully.
7. Thou shalt always be an OUTstanding student.
8. Thou shalt give thy attendance without being present...PROXY is a MUST.
9. If thou can't convince them, confuse them.
10. Thou shalt start every sentence with a four-lettered word.

Personally, I think that the title should have been "An Engineering Student's 10 Commandments", but since I didn't start this forward chain, I shall refrain from more comment. I totally agree with the ninth one in particular, simply 'coz I survived four years by confusing people who weren't from IITs that we are indeed some greater race than ordinary enginnering students. But now, I think I don't need to hide behind any bluff: I am truly better than most people... well, just kidding... Another reason that I really like the ninth one is that it is in direct contravention to the commandment it precedes: This sentence doesn't start with a four-letter word!

By the way, I also agree to a great extent with the last commandment... go figure...


Comments: Post a comment

<< Home