<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 03, 2004


The big news of these times, as almost everyone knows, is the US Presidential elections. At the time of writing this post, the two candidates are still in a very close fight, and as was the case last time, this year also, it seems like the outcome of one state might turn the tide in one guy's favor. And that state happens to be Ohio! Where I am presently! This year, "analysts" say that Ohio could be what Florida was in 2000. Anyway, I am not too bothered as to who will win the election, but this campaign did give rise to some real great soundbites. I must quote Sen. John Kerry's "This year, every vote will count, and we'll make sure that every vote will be counted." Dubya, well... he did give some interesting quotes, but I think that he didn't come anywhere close to his famous goof-ups of 2001, just after he took over the Oval Office.

Anyway, this election-mania has thrown up some real nice quotes from ex-Presidents and I really like Jimmy Carter's quote, much after he stepped down from office : "My esteem in this country has gone up indeed - when people wave at me now, they use all the fingers!"

And, one more thing that seemed pleasant is the two-term restriction for being the Prez. Well, I think India could use that as well... but, then again, who knows, it might just end up as a shadow PM in Delhi finally.... well... I'm really rambling on now... gotta catch some sleep...


Comments: Post a comment

<< Home