<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Merry Christmas


Wishing you all a merry christmas.... me having a perfect christmas so far as I am concerned. Lazing away to glory (rather ignominy) like I used to in the good old days of IIT. We're having a "white" christmas, as in its all covered in snow. I don't know what's so special in calling such a snowy thing by a special name, 'cause it seems that this is the case almost every year. So I guess it makes more sense to give a special name to when it doesn't snow during christmas time. But then I've seen some more stupid things being commonplace here in the States, so I guess this is no big deal in the great stupidity of the white man (ok, me not being racist or anything, just a way of words....)

Snow... well, it seems such an exciting prospect when you are watching your first snow... all the playing around, all the snowballs and all... nice and exciting.... the first time u see snow, especially when it just partially covers the grass around, it is beautiful. But then, you tend to be hit by the practical aspects of the snow, which are almost always painful, as it becomes a regular feature. OK, I am speaking here as if I've been seeing snow for a long time indeed, but well, the little snow I've seen is enough to have pained me already.... too damn cold outside, very slippery to walk anywhere... just too much bother for all the nice things it might bring....

The only redeeming factor I see in the snow is that this allows me to laze away - nay, not just allows me, almost forces me to laziness... and that for me is very very important. So I guess I would end saying "good ol' snow"...


Comments: Post a comment

<< Home