<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 13, 2004


Well, as usual with me posting after a fairly long interval, and with me not having thought on what to write about, this post is also going to be a general rambling-of-sorts... a random thing...

The Internet's a great place... one is bombarded by so much information, mostly of the kind that is not useful to many. Now, with the excess amount of information, we are also getting a lot more space to store ths stuff in... Just look at the amount of storage space you have on the leading free email providers. Yahoo! gives 100MB, and is one of the lowest inbox spaces now I think; MSN Hotmail also rolled up its sleeves and got into the inbox-space war and is now offering 200MB; Rediff and GMail give 1GB each... and people like me having accounts in all four have somewhere near 2.3GB of space in which to store their correspondances, and also the many many email forwards we get. I don't remember the last time I cleared my inbox in any of the accounts. I was just wondering about this, and looked up my Yahoo! inbox, and found that I still had some way old attachments which I would have deleted immediately in the old days. And, I also have this blog, which gives me almost unlimited space (practically) in which to save these mostly useless ramblings of mine... well, am enjoying it all the way....

American Football: well, what can I say about this game? People here are just crazy about it. I may not be too quick on the uptake, but I still don't get the game. I mean, I understand the rules a bit, and all that, but well, guess I am too much of a soccer man to be too interested in this "football" where all the passing and playing is done by holding the ball in the hands. Why the hell do they call it "football"? Can someone please give me a convincing reply? Anyway, at OSU as in everywhere else in the States, football is big, and has been much more so since OSU won the National Champions title in 2002. This season was, simply put, bad. But well, the team had all these reasons like almost all of the defense graduating last year and stuff. Anyway, we have this BIG rivalry with the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, referred to only as "the University Up North" - believe me, its really huge, the rivalry I mean, 101 years old. The only comparision I can think of in sporting terms is the India-Pakistan or the erstwhile England-Australia rivalries in cricket. Whatever happens in the rest of the season, beating the Wolverines (the team from up-north) is all that matters. And that's exactly what happened this year - the OSU Buckeyes beat the Michigan Wolverines - and all is well with the world! Go Bucks!!!

Why do some friendships go bad? Long-time friends also get estranged, and no, I am not just talking about the distances involved - all the distance thing is no longer a big deal in keeping in touch. Differences of opinion do exist, and they have always been there in any friendship. So, why do these differences become important all of a sudden? What catalyzes the flash-point? Well, can't think of an answer now... will have to think about it... so goodbye till then...

Update: I totally forgot... MS Subbalakshmi passed away yesterday... awesome singer, and really one of the greats... really sad thing... isn't it?


Comments:

Football is a great game.
 

yeah ravi, football is a pretty decent game, but i am more into soccer, and i really cant stand calling this game "football" the only major kicks are by the special teams and not during the game... beats logic calling it "football", doesn't it?
 

sai kri gaa...asaliki sude machaa antunavu kada...."special teams" ani....heheeeee
 

neneppudu pseud ee kada ravi... :-P anyway, how u?
 
Post a comment

<< Home