<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 20, 2005


Staying in a foreign country can be a pain - when one is staying on one's own especially. Having a group of friends whom one can rely on helps a lot. But I think that it is most important that one gets along with one's room-mates if one wants to have a nice time. I've observed that living in a hostel with roomies is a lot different from living in an apartment with roomies. For one, in a hostel, there is no real sharing of resources, and so I don't think there'd be much scope for conflict within roomies - except of course when there is a lot of differences in opinions. In an apartment, it is a completely different ball game and small things can be very painful. However, I've noticed - from what little I do know of people here - that girls just don't get along with their roomies as guys do. I know some girls here who are so pained with their room-mates that they've already taken up to living alone, and the others I know of are contemplating it. Why is it that, when guys can get along with complete strangers easily, girls can't do that? Quarrelling over petty things seems to be pretty common, and well, childish. I agree that the girls in question don't feel that it is childish at all, but maybe this is just a guy's perspective. Maybe it is just that girls hate each other's guts and can't really adjust as well as guys can. Maybe it is just that guys don't bother much about small inconveniences and let trifles pass for what they are - trifles. I don't know, but I haven't seen too many girls here who are really satisfied with their roomies - maybe it's just 'coz I know so few of them here...


Comments:

Haha ya ya girls are childish and also they hate their roomies guts and also they always fight about petty things...

Well in my personal opinion though it's cause women are uncomfortable if they are around other women all the time but only relate to them on a superficial level. I think most women can't stand the whole 'oh my god shes not my soul sister' shit. While guys are okay just saying hi and bye to their room mates.
And the whole problem about being bestest friends with the person you are sharing your house with is that they obviously arent going to be like your ideal (or rather current) friends. Women love changing as much of their surrounding as they can. I think its the whole need to personalize. So obviously unless they are alike, both would want to change the other...
Anyway you can never make sense of nonsense rambling...why must you question it - lots of guys get away by saying 'the female species' and rolling their eyes..try it...might help you hehe.
 
Post a comment

<< Home