<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Life's Simple Pleasures...


There are some things in life which are immensely satisfying - as someone said "It’s the simple things in life that matter". By this, I don't mean in anyway the poetic allusions to smelling the flowers, looking at nature, hearing brooks pass by making lovely sounds. No, no! Mine are much much simpler - so here goes a small list...

Waking up after a good sleep - Usually we hear about a good night's sleep. I get the same pleasure out of a good sound sleep anytime of the day. How different can it be if it is in the night or in the afternoon? Of course, the one after a hard day's work is obviously much more enjoyable, but who puts in a real "hard day's work" nowadays?

Eating a tasty meal - Those of us that have stayed in a hostel, or otherwise away from home for a considerable amount of time know exactly what I mean. The others - well, it can't be explained. So just take this one from me.

Having a glass (or more) of cold water on a hot humid day - Cold drinks just don't compare with a glass of nice cool water. So refreshing, and as the water goes down the dry throat - well, almost heaven!

Meeting old friends after a long time - Ahh! The good old days!

My ideal day (for now) would be getting up after a good night's sleep, eating the great food Mom makes, and then heading out to meet friends over a couple of glasses of (or more, again) ... well, anything! ;-p and then head back home for another nice sleep session...

But, here comes the clincher - I don't think that all these even compare to how good the following feels -

Taking a leak after having held it in for what then seems like eons... I don't think anyone can deny that this is as close to heaven as one can get for a few seconds here on earth. The relief - nothing in the world can trouble anyone in those 2-3 seconds of the initial burst...

So, let me hear some of what the others think about such ideas as the simple pleasures in life... maybe I missed some on my list that I would have otherwise included...


Comments:

yeah, i was telling my mom the other day........ nothing tastes better than water........

We all miss out on life's simple pleasures in this fight for survival in the rat race........ Your post really made me sit back and think. Sometimes these simple pleasures become rare luxuries....
 

hey .. real nice stuff !
 

hey neha... didnt think u still come here....
 
Post a comment

<< Home