<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 17, 2006


This should have been posted yesterday night, but then I was too lazy / tired to actually get down to typing it. Another post with random bits thrown together...

The trip - to Chicago - was awesome. It was Anurag's birthday for which I was trying desperately to make it by midnight. Anyway, so, some of us from our hostel met up, seeing as it was Anurag's 25th birthday and also that we all had now a place to stay for free in Chicago. It's a really nice place, that city is. Roamed around some, just sat and talked absolute nonsense most of the time. It's wonderful how time passes when you are with old friends. It was almost like those days at Mandak (that's my hostel, btw) - only we are a bit older, not much wiser for it of course. I had a great time! :) And oh yeah, Anurag made me run (well, jog actually) around 3 miles - 1.5 miles, rest some, 1.5 miles. I never ran (OK, jogged!) so much in my life... felt good!

I made aalu mutter yesterday - after a long time... tiring job actually - peel all those potatoes, cut them... well, too much work... that is why I have been sticking to much simpler dishes for a long time now. It came out good - afterall, I am a good cook! :D I think I will start making some decent food once again, and stop always making something from frozen veggies, which require no effort at all... I am beginning to enjoy cooking once again, after being bored with it for quite some time.

I had been thinking about multilingualism somewhat lately. The reason being that I am spending a good amount of time on Wikipedia nowadays, just browsing through articles and jumping from link to link. It's a damn good way to kill time if you are in that particular kind of murderous mood. So I landed on this page about multilingualism... and been thinking of writing something on it... guess sometime soon... on that same note, I guess I have a few other things to write about - thanks to Wikipedia.

As always when I write such random ramblings on here, I can't help but understand that most people would be bored by all this. People want something remotely interesting to read about. I've seen many lament that the blogosphere has been inundated by people writing meaningless stuff that should never have left the confines of a personal diary. These are mostly from people who take blogging / writing rather seriously - like a professional responsibility - and expect everyone to be the same. But hey, I guess its to each his/her own (can't forget political correctness, can we?). Whatever... I am really rambling now...

Oh yeah, before I stop, I'd like to say - Go read The Five People You Meet In Heaven, if you haven't already done so. Awesome book... Now I need to buy myself a copy of Tuesdays with Morrie. Well, I guess that's it for today...


Comments:

finally!!!!

aloo mutter and multilingualism mmm....murderous mood indeed!!!
B/w I like aloo mutter so when you coming down next to hyd!!:-p
 

ash, when i come down next to hyd... well, whenever i do come down to hyd, i wudnt cook! :P i got mom's food to hog, dont i?
 

u writing again??? whatever got into u?? fucking fruitcake!! we have to talk this weekend boy..we have to!! :)
abt time i wrote something on my crap too!!! :) u writing has motivated me. waise.. u didn't have to specify that i turned 25 u piece of crap!!!
 

yep... writing again... and abt me mentioning u r 25 - i didnt have to, i know. but i wanted to! :P
 

talking of hyd... are u coming in jan?
ps. i updated.. *lol*
 

@ swe - no. cant make it in jan. wud hv been pretty damn tough to manage in dec itself, but jan is out of question. :(

@ deleting commenter - whatever the deleted comment contained...
 

yeah i deleted it.. the same comment got posted twice... mysteriously...
 
Post a comment

<< Home