<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Waiting... ... ...


Prologue: What follows was written when I was waiting at the airport for my delayed flight to Chicago. It is as boring as how I felt then. But what the hell, this is my space and I will put whatever b/s I want to…

Is there anything more boring than waiting at the gate for a delayed flight? When you don’t even have a book to kill the time – when you realize that you’re already through the security check-point and there is no bookshop in sight, unless you are willing to go out and come back in again… Actually I think there are more boring circumstances – for example waiting ON the plane waiting for them to fix some technical problem they discover five minutes before scheduled push-off from the gate. I am sure there are other more boring times, but for now, I’ll just say this is it for me – for now!

Well, seems like my flight travels haven’t been uneventful in a while. The last time I flew – to California visiting my sister – I missed the original flight both times! Yes, BOTH times! So this time I decide to get to the airport before time, thinking to myself that I’d rather sit at the gate than hurry at the last minute cursing the weekend traffic. So, I come early, check-in, pass through the security, get to the gate, and just out of curiosity look at the screens – to find that the flight is delayed, a good 45 minutes! DAMN!

Looks like Southwest Airlines is running all flights late today. As I am typing this, an announcement saying “Folks going to Baltimore, you flight is here – finally!” And there is a spontaneous burst of applause – don’t know for how long they’ve been waiting! For those who don’t know, I am waiting for the flight to Chicago – I still got about 40 more minutes to go – I hope it’s not longer. I need to land in Chicago atleast one and half hours before midnight strikes – after all, when I am going for a friend’s birthday, what good is it if I miss the midnight mark? The one and half hours, you ask? Well, I do need some time to get to his place by train, don’t I?

It’s been really long since I posted something on my blog, and I certainly would have liked the new post to be something other than just a random rant at having to wait at the airport. There are other things that piss me off much more, things both in my control and out of it. Guess trying to remember some of them is not really what I want to do right now – later maybe. **Unrelated aside – I am surprised Word hasn’t yet scolded me for wrong spellings and wrong grammar; apart from the auto-corrects it does – not bad Sai!**

What else can I write about right now? Wow! It’s already a long enough (first typo not auto-corrected by Word – typed ‘w’ instead of ‘e’ for enough) post. Well, I guess I will stop here now. I want to write something more like a creative writing piece sometime soon. I can’t say how soon, or how late I will be finally posting it, but I sure do hope it isn’t long in coming! For now, I guess I’ll just stop this and call someone to kill the time…

Epilogue: I finally did miss the midnight mark – the flight turned out to be about 1.5 hours late! I reached his home around 12:20am – damn the airlines! More on the trip shall follow soon…


Comments:

neee yabba...thokkalo sowthwest airline plance kosam waiting...and bloggin while waitin..inthavaraku ok ok..daaniki prologue and epilogue okati..solluga..yedava mohaniki paina kinda bochu covering ani..sollu gudda..nice to see a post after a long time
 

hahahaha... megsi, nice comment ra... and anduke mundu prologue lo cheppanu kada. naa ishtam, edaina b/s pettestaanu ani!
 

FINALLY!
hahhahahha :P i can't bleev THAT happened to u... i thought u were one of the most organized people i knew.... U MISSED A FLIGHT!?!? no wait... TWO FLIGHTS?!? hahahahh :D i'll pull ur leg more in december hehe.. oh btw are u coming? when are u gonna stay till?
.Z
 

well.. u did come...eventually.. and u were still not the last one to come.. guess we have a very weird grp of friends..and puncuality isin't one of our strong points..and if we are actually punctual...god above suffers a blip and does something to make it look more normal i guess!! :)
it was worth the wait!!

PS: i can't believe i got let off with just one kick!!! unbelievable!!!!
 

@ Swe, look at the comment below for further clarification! me, and organized!! LOL! if only....

@ anurag, i thought i was the last. enti, still waiting for akka aa? and abt the weirdness of our grp, why get into that now? as for just one kick, i guess we gave some consideration for ur age! :P
 

Haha - just your luck?

Ya but sitting around having nothing to do is torture.
And everything is always so overpriced at airports, even the books. Luckily I have never really had to keep waiting at the airport. Dad has this habit of always calling before and checking for delays.
 
Post a comment

<< Home